Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Sweet Apple Pork Chops


I like pork so I picked these up last time I was at the store figuring I could find something to make that didn't have too many points and hopefully Richard would enjoy (he doesn't like pork all that much).  I found a Baked Pork Chop with Apples recipe online and decided to rename it to Sweet Apple Pork Chops (I changed quite a few things so I figured why not switch the name up).  The recipe below is what I actually did, not the recipe I found online.  The recipe made it sound like there would be a bunch of juice, I'm guessing it was lacking the juice because I trimmed most of the fat off the pork chops and used boneless (though there was a bit more juice towards the end).  I added apple sauce to make up for the lack of juices, you could probably add less and maybe cut a point off.

I had this with some leftover quinoa, green giant veggies and a cornbread vitatop.  It was probably a bit to much food for me for dinner, I could have done with either the quinoa or cornbread but really didn't need both.  The pork chop was pretty good, not quite as moist as I was hoping for, but good.  I liked the apple and I thought the apple sauce mixture went well with the quinoa.  I'm not sure I'll make it again, but I thought it was pretty good if you like pork chops.  Richard found it to be okay but still sticks to pork not being his choice if he is choosing dinner.
_______________

Sweet Apple Pork Chops

Ingredients:

1 spray butter flavored cooking spray
2 boneless pork chops, trimmed, about 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick
salt and pepper, to taste
1 Fuji apple, halved and cored, unpeeled
2 tsp sugar
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup apple sauce

Preparation:

Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper and place in a baking dish. Place one apple half, cut side down on each chop, sprinkle with sugar. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes, basting often, until meat is browned. Thicken juices with sour cream and apple sauce before serving.  Spoon sauce over pork chops.

Serves 2.  6 pts per serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment