Sunday, January 31, 2010

Pan-Fried Tilapia with White Wine and Capers


So, this was very yummy, incredibly yummy, super yummy, the best thing I've tried yet.  Richard says I have to make it again (or he does, one of the two).  I ended up making it with regular butter instead of light (we have so much regular left I can't justify buying light quite yet).  I only had a pound of tilapia, it was 3 fillets.  Between the butter and the difference in the amount of fish my serving ended up 7 points instead of 5 pts.  I made quinoa to go with it and cut down on the amount of that I was going to eat after I realized the butter was adding more points (it might actually have been a little less that 7 since I didn't use 1/3 of the sauce but I calculated it for 1/3).  The zucchini/squash was cooked with just one spray of cooking spray, seasoning salt and a clove of garlic minced (I figured I had the mincer tool out for the tilapia so I may as well use it again and I love garlic).  All in all this was probably my favorite new recipe yet, well this one and the Mahi Mahi one, actually I might like this even better then the Mahi Mahi and that's saying alot.  I really do enjoy my fish.  It will be made again, hopefully in the not TOO distant future.  I'm finding that by increasing the amount of cooking I have been doing that it all seems a bit easier and more enjoyable then it used too be.  And that's a very good thing.
___________________

Pan-Fried Tilapia with White Wine and Capers
From: WW website

Ingredients

1/4 cup(s) white wine, dry
1/4 cup(s) tomato(es), seeded and chopped
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp capers, drained
1 medium garlic clove(s), minced
1/2 tsp dried basil
1 1/2 pound(s) raw tilapia, four 6-oz pieces
1/2 tsp table salt
1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
1 spray(s) cooking spray
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp light butter
2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
1 medium lemon(s), cut in wedges (optional)

Instructions:

Combine first 6 ingredients, stirring well with a whisk; set aside.

Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper. Dredge fillets lightly in flour, and coat both sides of fillets with cooking spray.

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add fillets; cook 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; turn fillets, and cook 3 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove from pan.

Add wine mixture to pan; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in butter until melted. Spoon wine mixture over fillets; sprinkle with parsley. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired. Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 fillet and 2 tablespoons sauce).  5 points per serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment