Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Nut-Crusted Mahi Mahi

With the holiday season all wrapped up, I'm now back to my new recipe Tuesday dinners.  This week we had Nut-Crusted Mahi-Mahi (4 pts) from the Weight Watchers web site.  This was by far my favorite new recipe I've made so far and probably will be for quite sometime.  To go with the Mahi Mahi I made quinoa (1 cup=4 pts) and a microwave package of Green Giant green beans and almonds (2/3 cup=1 pt).  It made a great meal and I was not too full or too hungry after eating it, that's right; I thought it was just right!  The whole dinner was 9 pts, which considering I had the low point Progresso soup for lunch was perfect for my dinner point usage.

Nut-Crusted Mahi Mahi
from Weight Watchers web site

2 sprays cooking spray
3 Tbsp dry-roasted salted macadamia nuts, chopped
1/4 cup dried bread crumbs, panko (Japanese variety)
2 Tbsp parsley, or cilantro, fresh, minced (I used cilantro)
3/4 tsp table salt, divided
1 pound mahi mahi fillets, without skin
1 large egg white, whipped to soft peaks

Preheat oven to 450F.  Coat a baking pan with cooking spray; place pan in oven to heat.

Place nuts, panko, cilantro (or parsley) and 1/4 tsp salt in a mini chopper or blender; process until combined.  Pour crumbs into a shallow bowl or plate; set aside.

Place fish on a plate; rub 1/2 tsp salt all over fish.  Dip fish in egg white; turn to coat.  Next, dip fish in nut mixture; turn to coat.

Remove pan from oven and place fish on pan.  Roast until center of fish is no longer translucent, about 10 to 12 minutes.  Serve immediately.  Yields about 4 ounces fish per serving.

Makes 4 servings.  Points value is 4 pts per serving.
_________________________________

I used our blender to "chop" the nuts and then I only cut up the cilantro into smaller bits and blended them in with everything else.   I don't see why I would mince it if I'm just going to blend or chop it in something much more proficient at it then I am anyways.  The recipe also suggests making similar things with any kind of thin fish fillet and any kind of nuts, just remember if you change that up you'll have to figure out the points.  But that's what the recipe builder is for; they really have made figuring out points quite simple on the weight watchers web site!

So yeah, if you like fish, I highly recommend this!  So tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment