Thursday, January 14, 2010

Chicken and Cream Cheese in a Slow Cooker

A facebook friend of mine was looking for something to make in a slow cooker and was given this recipe, it sounded so good I couldn't pass it up.  It's not the lowest point thing ever, but it sounded good and we had somewhere to go after work Wednesday that made having dinner done when we got home a really convenient thing.  I've found the left overs make a great chicken sandwich as well!

Chicken and Cream Cheese in a Slow Cooker
(from someone on facebook)

3 Chicken Breast
1 can of cream of chicken soup (I used the 98% less fat kind)
8 oz cream cheese (I used fat free)
Zesty Itallian dressing mix (I used the regular, not Zesty)
1/4 cup milk
1/4 tsp pepper

Cook on low 8 hrs or high 4 hours Stir Occ.
Shred Chicken and serve over rice
Makes 4 servings (at least that's what I calculated it as)

One serving of the chicken mixture was 7 points, 4 points for a cup of brown rice and 1 point for the green giant microwave frozen veggies with a butter herb sauce.  Making dinner 13 points, which is quite a bit compared to what I normally do but I planned the day for it so it was doable.  I've been eating 1/2 a serving of the left overs as a sandwich at lunch on the 45 calorie bread which makes it 4.5 points for that.  Someone recommended adding a cup of water to the mixture before I cooked it, but it ended up pretty runny, I think leaving the water out would have made a better gravy.  The chicken falls apart barely touching it with a fork and is super tasty, I imagine that the zesty would have added a nice touch but I was worried about how zesty would get along with my allergies.

No comments:

Post a Comment