Saturday, February 20, 2010

Lemon Raspberry Bread Pudding


A few weeks ago this Lemon Raspberry Bread Pudding was on the Weight Watchers Weekly that we get at our meetings.  It sounded tasty and I figured I would try it eventually.  Not too long after that meeting Regina made it with blackberrys and said that most of the people there liked it, so I figured I would make it someday.  We were at Costco getting apple slices and I happened to notice a nice sized package of raspberries so I picked it up all excited to be making this bread pudding.  It wasn't until almost a week later and searching 10 different stores that I finally found the Weight Watchers Lemon Cakes that are required for it (and you can now no longer buy), it pretty much became an obsession searching for them.  I finally found them at the Safeway by my WW meeting, I was so excited to see them that I bought both boxes they had.  The bread pudding was incredibly tasty!  Very worth it.  Richard and I didn't think you could taste the lemon all that much (you can taste it, it's just not overwhelming) and the raspberries add a nice punch of flavor.  I will certainly make these again, they were simple and tasty and they come in at only 4 pts which isn't too bad for a homemade dessert, and each serving is a decent size as well.

Last night I made the Pan Fried Tilapia with White Wine and Capers again.  Still incredibly tasty.  This time I used the light butter like it called for.  I still have bigger peices of fish then the recipe is for so I call it three servings instead of four, but that still makes the Tilapia only 6 points, and it is completely worth it for as tasty as it is.  I once again had quinoa and zucchini squash with it.  I do believe this just might be my new favorite meal, and it's not all that time consuming to make.  I just recommend defrosting the frozen fish the day before so you're not scrambling to get it thawed.  You can see my previous blog on this if you want the recipe.
______________

Lemon Raspberry Bread Pudding
From: Weight Watchers recipes

Ingredients:
2 spray(s) cooking spray
6 cake(s) Weight Watchers Lemon cake with lemon icing, cut into equal small pieces*
1 cup(s) raspberries
3/4 cup(s) fat-free egg substitute
3/4 cup(s) fat-free skim milk
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla extract, pure variety
1 tsp whole wheat flour

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat each of four 1-cup oven-safe ramekins with cooking spray (I didn't have ramekins so I used a muffin pan with 6- one cup sized spaces, I only used four of the cups).

Divide cake pieces evenly among each ramekin.  Add equal amounts of raspberries to each ramekin by placing them between cake pieces.

In a medium bowl, whisk together egg substitute, milk, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and flour. Pour egg and milk mixture into a glass measuring cup; pour even amount of mixture into each ramekin.

Place ramekins in the oven and bake until egg mixture is set, about 20 to 25 minutes. Let sit for at least 5 minutes before serving. Yields 1 bread pudding per serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment