Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Baked Cauliflower... Yummy!


Dinner consisted of left over Apricot chicken from Olive Garden stir fried with broccolli and served with baked cauliflower sprinkled with garlic power and cheese.  The full serving of Apricot Chicken is 7 pts and I always eat one piece of chicken one day and then cut up and stir fry the other peice with some broccolli for dinner so it's only 3.5 pts.   


I've never been a huge fan of cauliflower, but then I suppose I've only really had it raw in party trays for the most part.  Or from time to time I had it steamed or boiled when I was younger which I didn't really enjoy either.  Turns out if you bake it at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes they get a nice flavor and are pretty tasty.  I sprayed the cookie sheet with olive oil cooking spray, cut up the cauliflower and then sprayed them with the olive oil cooking spray as well.  Sprinkled some garlic power on top and then cooked for 20 minutes.  After they were soft but crisp when poked with a fork I added a little mexican shredded cheese to the top and let it melt.  It was very very tasty.   Maybe it's just my taste buds changing, who knows, but they were good and they made great left overs for lunch the next day.

My weight watchers leader says you can bake any vegetable at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes and it will turn out tasty.  I'm not sure that will fix some of the vegetables I really can't stand (like bell peppers), but it did seem to work well for cauliflower.

No comments:

Post a Comment