Friday, February 19, 2010

Chicken Fried Steak


Richard and I have never been HUGE Valentine's Day fans, we generally do something fairly low key, and next to never go out to eat.  This year Richard made dinner, we had Chicken Fried Steak, Mashed Potatoes, Country Gravy and steamed zucchini squash.  Yummy!   This isn't the first year we've had this for Valentine's Day, it's one of our favorite meals but we very rarely actually make it.   Probably a good thing it's not exactly low points. 

I'm thinking my canola oil estimation might be to little off since Richard did the cooking and he put quite a bit of oil in the pan. He patted the steaks with paper towels after frying the steak so there was less on it, but I'm honestly not sure the exact amounts. I am pretty sure that these could be made with only 2 Tbsp however so that's what I put in the recipe builder. So maybe my points were off for the day. Who knows.

No matter how you look at it, Chicken Fried Steak is very very tasty!  Thank goodness for a plan that lets me eat it from time to time as long as I plan for it.
_______________

Chicken Fried Steak

1/2 lb cooked trimmed beef cube steak
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup fat-free egg substitute
2 Tbsp Canola oil

Pretty much all you do is take the steak, coat in egg and then flour and then fry it up in the canola oil. 

No comments:

Post a Comment