Sunday, February 7, 2010

Mashed Potato Pancakes


My mother in law makes these really yummy potato pancakes, we don't have them all that often because it requires left over mashed potatoes, but we both love them when we get them.  I bought extra potatoes when I made the pot roast the other day so we would have some left over to make these this weekend.  Be careful not to burn them if you make them, I have an amazing knack for that, if you're not quite as worried about calories cooking them in a bit more oil makes it much easier.  I paired the potato pancakes with turkey bacon and an egg.  It amazed me how much turkey bacon really does taste similar to bacon.  I remember having it at a friends house when I was younger and liking it, I'm glad I still do.  Three slices of turkey bacon is 2 pts; 3 slice of regular bacon is 4 pts.  So it's certainly a better alternative.  I know my brunch was lacking fruit/veggies, but I did have a banana for breakfast, so I haven't skipped out on them all together today.
_______________

Mashed Potato Pancakes

1 1/2 cup left over mashed potatoes, chilled
1 egg
1/2 cup flour
1 spray butter flavored cooking spray
dash of seasoning salt

Instructions:

Mix mashed potatoes, egg and about 3/4 of the flour together.  Form them into patties and coat in flour to keep them together.  They should be fairly moist but not so much that you can't form them.  Sprinkle with seasoning salt.  Spray pan with cooking spray and cook until they feel firm.  Enjoy!

Makes 6 pancakes.  If you call it 6 servings, one pancake is 2 pts but two is 4.5 pts and three is 6.5.


No comments:

Post a Comment