Monday, June 4, 2012

Crock-pot Cheesy Bacon Dip


It's been awhile since I've posted anything on this blog, don't worry I have been cooking I just haven't been feeling like posting things.  But here I am deciding maybe, just maybe I should resume this blog.  It is pretty nice to be able to come back and find most any recipe that I've tried before to make it again.  I do that quite often actually. 

So this last weekend my family had their second annual crock-pot party.  I made the Corned Beef and Cabbage recipe that can be found in this blog as well as this Cheesy Bacon Dip.  I loved the dip, Richard loved the dip, we'll have to find more reasons to make it.   It says to put it on chips or bread but I thought it was much better on the little bread rounds.  I also used some of the left overs as a topping on mashed potatoes today and that was very tasty indeed!  I cooked it on high at first but it was making the cheese a little extra crispy on the sides so I turned it down to low.  Make sure to stir it like it says too or you will have the cheese over cooked on the edges. 


_____________________________

Cheesy Bacon Dip
From: Best Slow Cooker Recipes

2 8-oz. packages cream cheese, cubed
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup half-and-half cream
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon dried minced onions
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
16 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
Tortilla chips or French bread slices

Directions: 
In a 1-1/2 quart slow cooker, combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, cream, Worcestershire sauce, onion and mustard.  Cover and cook for 2 hours or until both cheeses are melted completely; stir occasionally.

Stir bacon strips into dip right before serving.  Serve with tortilla chips or bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment