Monday, October 25, 2010

Cranberry Chicken


When I had my pampered chef party at the beginning of October, if you had told me I would actually roast an entire chicken in my new deep dish baker I was getting I would have told you that you were crazy.  I hate the feeling of raw meat so I have a few issues with taking a whole chicken and doing much of anything with it.  That being said, this was super easy and I managed to do it without creeping myself out!


This recipe came from my pampered chef consultant in a huge list of recipes that could be made in the deep dish cooker.  I love the gravy (and now understand why I might need a gravy separator someday, getting the fat out of the gravy was quite the task).  We had it with basmati rice and snap peas of some sort.  It would be FAR better with mash potatoes then the rice (we tried the gravy on mashed potatoes the next day, very good!) and the veggies didn't turn out all that great, but the chicken was super moist and the gravy was so good that the rice and veggies went fairly unnoticed.
__________________________________

Cranberry Chicken 
From: Pampered Chef

Mix one can of whole berry cranberries w/ can of cream of mushroom soup & one packet of onion soup mix. Pour over top of chicken in baker. Cover with lid, place in oven; bake for 1-½ hours at 425 degrees.


That's what it looked like before cooking, can you believe I actually touched that and I'm even considering doing it again!

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Looks good, I am not a fan of cranberries, but it might taste good on chicken =)

    ReplyDelete