Saturday, October 9, 2010

Apple and Carrot Salad (with Salmon from the Costco Deli)


We often go to Costco and pick up this salmon, it comes prepared and all you have to do is put it in the oven and cook it until a thermometer says it's done.  It has butter and some herbs on top and is very very yummy.  I put the salmon over the Trader Joe's microwaveable rice and then we normally put some mixed vegetables with it.  This time I decided to try something a little different and made the Apple and Carrot Salad that came from the weight watchers website.

I loved the salad, I left out the pepper as always and forgot the chives the second time I made it.  I think I prefer it with no chives.  Neither Richard or my mom liked the feta in the salad so the second time I made it I left the feta out and just sprinkled a little on after dishing it onto my plate.  It was quick and easy and I would recommend it for a nice light salad.

_____________________

Apple and Carrot Salad
From: Weight Watchers Website

Ingredients:

2 large apple, 1 red and 1 green, cored, thinly sliced, cut into matchsticks
1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice or less to taste
3 cups carrots, cut into matchsticks (many stores sell these pre cut)
1/4 cup chives, chopped
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp table salt
1/4 tsp black pepper or more to taste
2 oz feta cheese, french-variety suggested, crumbled

Instructions

Place apples in a large bowl and toss with lemon juice.  Add carrots, chives, oil, sugar, salt, pepper and cheese; toss to mix thoroughly.  8 servings; yields about 3/4 cup per serving

 

1 comment: