Friday, May 21, 2010

Random cooking: Chicken Tacos, Kabobs and Fish


Of everything I've made since starting WW and decided to try new recipes, these are probably my favorite thing so far.  The only thing that really makes it "new" is I used ground chicken, I've made tacos before. But these were great the night I made them and they made absolutely wonderful leftover salads for the next few days as well.  I made them during one of the weeks I wasn't logging (or measuring much), so I'm not sure the points, the best I could figure out estimating is probably about 4-5 points a taco or salad, I used Lite house honey dijon light salad dressing instead of the shell so I think it should be about the same.

I used ground chicken with taco seasoning, black beans, Mexican style shredded cheese, lettuce and tomato all on a small wheat tortilla.  These were super tasty and I prefered the ground chicken to both beef and turkey.  I reheated the ground chicken and black beans and put them on a bowl of lettuce with a small amount of cheese and cut up tomatoes with the lite house honey dijon salad dressing.  I love that salad dressing and it went wonderfully with the taco salad.  I think I had the salad about 4 times after the tacos that night.  I love this!  Must make it again sometime soon.



My favorite part of this meal was by far the stir fried teriyaki asian style vegetables.  I only ate about two of the little steaks off the skewer and gave the rest to Richard.  The skewers were in the quick sale section at the store at a great deal so I got them to try something new.  I think I was probably just having an anti beef kind of night, sometimes I think I could live quite well as a vegetarian, but I always realize how much I would miss fish and scratch that idea.  I would also miss chicken and steak and pork, oh and bacon (or turkey bacon which is what I've been eating recently).  Yep, tasty veggies indeed though!  And I'm sure they weren't that high point but I'm really not sure as I also made these in one of the weeks I wasn't tracking.



I revisited the Pan Fried Tilapia with White Wine and Caper that I made awhile back.  I had intended to have the frozen microwave brown rice from Trader Joes with it but I then found out we were out of rice so I just had a few more veggies instead.  I love this fish, certainly worth making again and again!

Well, that's all the pictures of food I had sitting around without a blog attached.  Now they are on a blog and all is well.  Yummy stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment