Saturday, May 22, 2010

Loaded Hashbrowns


Richard was really wanting the loaded hash browns from Sherry's, they are super tasty and once he started talking about them I wanted them as well.  I decided to try them at home as I am certain these were far better for me then if I had gone to the restaurant and ordered them.  This was yummy!  Certainly something I'll make again!

How I made the "loaded" hash browns:

Take 1 cup shredded hash browns (I used the simply hash browns that come from the refrigerated section) and place them on the George Foreman grill, use a spray of olive oil on the Foreman before placing the hash browns on.  Flip the hash browns at least once while cooking to get more of that crunchy cooked hash brown texture. 

When taking the hash browns off the grill place half the hash browns on the plate.  Put 1 Tbsp light sour cream and 1/8 cup shredded reduced fat mexican style cheese on top of the hash browns. Place the other half of the hash browns on top of that and sprinkle the top with another 1/8 cup cheese (I used a little less then that on top and used the other bit in the scrambled eggs).

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment