Saturday, April 17, 2010

Baked Orange Roughy Italian-Style


So once again it's another fish dish.  What can I say, I really enjoy my white fish, and now that I realize that it can be cooked without making my whole house smell like fish it might be difficult to keep me from cooking it.  I REALLY liked this one, it's more of what I was wanting when I made the parmesan crusted tilapia the other day.  It had a breaded outside with a cheesy flavor and I really do think the orange roughy is worth paying a little more for.  Very tasty!  Richard enjoyed this as well, he just wished he had more of the crust to eat with the fish.  I reheated some quinoa from earlier in the week and I put a box of the Green Giant veggies in the microwave.  I love the most of th elittle boxes of Green Giant veggies that are 2 servings, just enough for dinner for the two of us.  This one was the immunity blend, it had cauliflower, orange and yellow carrots and dried cranberries in a butter sauce; neither of us really enjoyed this mixture of veggies, I will have to remember not to get those again. 
_________________________________________________

Baked Orange Roughy Italian-Style

Ingredients:
1/8 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoons grated Romano cheese
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
2 orange roughy fillets (4 oz) 
butter flavored cooking spray

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Coat a medium baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.

In a shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Romano cheese, garlic powder, and salt. Dredge fillets in the bread crumb mixture and spray with butter flavored cooking spray. Arrange in a single layer in the prepared baking dish.

Bake in preheated oven 10 to 15 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.

No comments:

Post a Comment