Friday, July 23, 2010

Mediterranean Sole


So I started making this when I got home from work and as I filled the baking pan I realized just how big a serving was (and I ended up using two pans).  So I invited my parents over for some fish on a nice hot summer night. We ate out on the back porch and had a lovely dinner! This was very good!

When I make this again I will probably cook the potatoes for just a little bit before adding the fish to the dish.  The potatoes were still firm after 15 minutes and the fish ended up a tiny bit dry.  It wasn't so dry that it was really a problem or anything. I think the sole that we had was thinner then what they used in the recipe because I had a little less fish then called for and 7 peices of fish.  The picture is actually of Richard's plate (his fish looked better for picture taking), I had half a fish less and more zucchini on my plate.  The mixture of flavors was wonderful!  Richard added a little lemon herb to his and really enjoyed that as well.

_________________________________________

Mediterranean Sole
From WW Website
POINTS® Value: 6
Servings: 4
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 15 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy

Fish was the original "fast food"—this tasty, low-fat dish takes only minutes to make (a food processor slicing attachment cuts the potatoes to the perfect width).

Ingredients:

2 large potato(es), peeled
1 tsp table salt, divided
1 1/3 pound(s) sole
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp ground oregano
1/2 cup(s) feta cheese, crumbled
5 medium olive(s), jumbo black pitted, chopped

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a 9 X 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.

Slice potatoes into 1/4-inch thin rounds then place them on the bottom of the pan. Coat the potatoes with spray, then sprinkle them with 1/2 tsp of salt.

Place sole over potatoes. Sprinkle with lemon juice, remaining salt and oregano. Top with feta cheese and black olives. Bake until sole flakes easily with a fork, about 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment