Saturday, July 24, 2010

Barbecue Beef Cups


I found this recipe online awhile ago and it looked so yummy I just HAD to try it.  Turns out they really are as tasty as they sound.  We had them with grilled corn, they go together quite well!  I ate two of the BBQ Beef cups, it's a good thing I didn't eat lunch (I had a really late breakfast) otherwise I would have gone way over on points today!  These were great and we both think we'll have to have them again sometime.  We ate them with a fork, but as you can see with the second picture they really would be easy to eat by hand.

I didn't quite read the recipe all the way through so I ended up mixing the 3/4 cup cheese into the meat for cooking, but then I put another 1/4 cup on top between the 6 cups to get all melty on top.  This makes 6 servings at 5 points a cup; I used 93/7 ground beef, 2% shredded cheddar (1 cup instead of the called for 3/4), the lower fat biscuits and Bull's Eye original BBQ sauce when I calculated the points, they could change based on what you use. 
_____________________________________

Barbecue Beef Cups

From: Everyday with Rachel Ray: Take 5

Ingredients:

3/4 pound ground beef
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
One 16.3-ounce can refrigerated biscuits
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 400°. In a skillet, brown the beef over medium heat; drain off excess fat. Remove from the heat and stir in the barbecue sauce and brown sugar. Grease a 6-cup jumbo muffin pan and place a piece of biscuit dough in each cup, stretching the dough up the sides. Divide the beef mixture among the biscuit cups, sprinkle each with cheese and bake until golden, 10 to 12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment