Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Roasted Chicken Patty and Salad

Todays dinner wasn't exactly a new recipe as it didn't really require much cooking, but it was something new to eat.  Last week at the WW meeting we had label day, meaning people brought in labels with things that they have been eating to help keep us from getting bored with the same thing day in and day out.  I went by Trader Joes tonight and picked up a few of the things that my leader had recommended to try sometime.  Tonight I made a roast chicken burger and a salad that had apple cut up in it with a pear vinaigrette. 

The burger consisted of of a whole wheat sandwich thin (1), a Trader Joe's roasted chicken patty (3), a slice of tomato, lettuce and some honey mustard:  it was good but I'm not certain it will ever be a staple in my diet.  I have a slight texture issue with the chicken patty, but then I have a texture issue with most processed chicken. 

The salad was mixed baby greens with two slices of apple cut up and then 2 Tbsp of Trader Joe's Champagne Pear Vinaigrette (1): I LOVED this salad dressing!  It is a bit powerful so you don't want to over do it, but so yummy and it goes amazingly well with the apple slices.


All in all dinner was only 5 points!  And it was a pretty decently sized dinner for that.  So few points that I intend to have a WW giant fudge bar for dessert, they are only one point so it's not like a huge splurge there, but they are so yummy!

Tomorrow I will be cooking up some halibut, I haven't decided on a recipe yet but it's defrosting in the fridge so I'll have to come up with something.  I figured since Richard wasn't home for tonights dinner that I should make something tomorrow for the both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment